Help in Preventing Financial Fraud Online
This is a little more broad ranging than my normal tips on preventing computer malware, etc but when I saw this I thought it would be worth running by you all as there is overlap. The other day in our neighbourhood the police were called because someone spotted a man following the postie - he was pulling post out of the letter flaps apparently in search of people's identity!!
The 5 points below seem pretty obvious but check out the video clip below them and it will make you think:
- Never disclose security details, such as your PIN or full banking password
- Don’t assume an email, text or phone call is authentic (** My note: esp. phone calls - I've refused giving info plenty of times)
- Don’t be rushed – a genuine organisation won’t mind waiting
- Listen to your instincts – you know if something doesn’t feel right (1 in 4 victims knew immediately they'd made a mistake)
- Stay in control – don’t panic and make a decision you’ll regret